If there’s one thing I love, it’s tacos. And pizza. And cake. Okay, so there are lots of goodies I love, but tacos definitely make my top 5 favorite foods. I was a bit skeptical of this taco bake since I consider myself a bit of connoisseur, but boy was I pleased with the results!
Not only is this recipe easy to throw together, it’s downright addicting. If you’re looking for a quick, simple meal to please a crowd (or your hungry family), then this is the dish for you!
To make this ridiculously easy, ridiculously delicious recipe, start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. Set the pan aside and continue on with the rest of the prep.
First, brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet. Add taco seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, and water. Simmer on the stovetop on low heat until the water has reduced, about five minutes. Next, add 1 cup of cheddar cheese to the beef mixture and stir well. By this point, you have a cheesy, meaty mixture that smells amazing! Let’s move on to the next step.
- 1 refrigerated puff pastry sheet
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups green lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup cocktail tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet. Add taco seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, and water and simmer until water has reduced.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese to the beef mixture and stir well.
- Roll puff pastry out onto prepared sheet pan and pierce with a fork in several places. Roll edges slightly around entire pastry to create a crust.
- Spoon beef mixture onto puff pastry and spread evenly over the pastry. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove and cool for 10 minutes.
- Top with lettuce, olives, tomatoes, and remaining cheese, along with any additional toppings. Drizzle sour cream or ranch on top and serve up warm!