CRAB CAKE EGG ROLLS
- 3 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasonings
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
- 1 pound lump blue crab meat
- 16 large egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil
MAKE CRAB MIXTURE
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese well. Add mayonnaise and sour cream, blending well.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay and white pepper, blend again.
- Add shredded cheese and crab meat, fold in by hand using a spatula. Set aside.
- Set up a workstation with egg roll wrappers, keeping unused wrappers covered with a damp paper towel or tea towel. Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water.
- Arrange egg roll wrapper like a diamond. Baste edges with egg wash. Place approximately 1/2 cup of crab mixture in the center.
- Roll up the bottom, fold in sides, then continue to roll.
- Freeze crab cake egg rolls for a minimum of 2 hours, but as long as 3 months. Seperate in freezer safe container using parchment or wax paper to prevent sticking.
FRY EGG ROLLS
- Heat 3-4 inches of vegetable oil to 300 degrees in a deep fryer or heavy bottom sauce pan. Add 2-3 eggs rolls at a time depending on the size of your pot.
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Remove to a wire rack positioned over paper towels to drain.
MAKE DIPPING SAUCE
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Sriracha, Old Bay Seasoning and coarse Kosher salt.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish egg rolls with sliced scallions and Sriracha aioli.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or ratings.
Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 539mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 186IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1mg