A traditional Southern Potato Salad that will be the finest you’ve ever tasted is ready to be served. Made with just a few basic ingredients, this dish is creamy and spicy.
Can I share a little secret with you guys? Potato salad has never been a favorite of mine. Yes, I understand! I’m a big fan of comfort cuisine, soul food, and southern food. Even potato salad is not a favorite of mine. However, it is correct. To be exact, that is, until I discovered this Best Southern Potato Salad recipe, which will convert any potato salad skeptic into a believer, guaranteed.
This potato salad is creamy, tangy, and delicious, with just a hint of heat from the jalapeno pepper. In addition, the celery and onions provide a little bite to the dish. Both the potatoes and the potatoes’ skins are neither too firm nor too soft. It’s about as close to perfection as you can get!
It is often requested. Barbecues, cookouts, and even holiday potlucks are all things that happen all the time.
All ingredients are basic and straightforward, making it a simple dish to prepare. This is the ideal go-to potato salad dish that you’ll want to prepare over and over again in your kitchen.
You may make or break your potato salad depending on the kind of potatoes you choose.
The reason for this is because various varieties of potatoes have varied textural characteristics. Some potatoes are more starchy than others, while some are waxier than others. In a potato salad, the texture makes a significant impact!
Russet and Idaho potatoes are examples of starchy potatoes. Because of the starches in these potatoes, they cook soft and may even have a gritty feel when done. These potatoes often dissolve into a potato salad, resulting in a dish that resembles a chunky mashed potato casserole rather than a genuine potato salad in texture.
The waxy kinds of potatoes, such as Yukon Gold or red potatoes, are usually ideal for potato salad since they hold their shape better. When cooked, both of these potatoes retain their firmness and form, making them perfect for potato salads in which you want the potatoes to remain diced and intact after cooking.
These are all ingredients needed to make this potato salad:
• 1,3 kg.Of red potatoes, I cut them into halves.
• 250 grams.Of mayonnaise.
• 60 grams.Of sour cream.
• 60 grams.Of mustard.
• ¼ Cup.Of dill pickle relish.
• A large Spoon.Of white vinegar.
• ½ small spoon.Of salt.
• ½ small spoon.Of granulated sugar.
• ½ small spoon.Of black pepper.
• ½ small spoon.Of dill.
• 5 hard-boiled eggs finely chopped.
• ½ Cup.Of chopped celery.
• One medium red onion, I chopped it.
• A large spoon.Of finely minced jalapeño.
And to make it, you need to follow the steps below as directed for the same results:
• 1St Step – Boil potatoes in a big saucepan with enough water to cover them for 8-15 minutes, or until they are just soft but not falling apart.
• 2Nd Step – When you’re finished, drain the water and put it in a dish to chill in the refrigerator.
• 3Rd Step – As soon as the potatoes have cooled enough to handle but are still warm, peel and slice them into half-inch cubes using a paring knife.
• 4Th Step – And now, it’s time to combine the mayonnaise with sour cream, ¼ Cup Of dill pickle relish, mustard, white vinegar, white sugar, dill, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Stir the ingredients until it is completely blended.
• 5Th Step – After that, you can stir in the other ingredients until everything is well-combined and the potatoes are well coated with the mixture.
• 6Th Step – Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve. It is ideal if the potato salad is refrigerated overnight before serving.
• Everyone has their own way of making potato salad, so feel free to experiment and make it your own. Green bell pepper and pimentos are two of my favorite additions. If you prefer it spicy, you may also add bacon, hot sauce, more jalapeños, or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper to your sandwich.
• It’s great if you make this potato salad ahead of time. It should be refrigerated for at least one hour before serving, but overnight is preferable since it allows the flavors a chance to blend and become even more delicious.