This Italian Meatloaf is a soft and savory meatloaf cooked with ground beef and Italian sausage. Cooked in a thick marinara sauce and topped with a coating of melted mozzarella cheese So wonderful!
This is my version of Italian meatloaf; it’s rich and juicy, rich with garlic, fresh herbs, and melty cheese, and infused throughout with a wonderful marinara sauce. And the leftovers are delicious in a Meatloaf Sandwich.
This meatloaf serves a large number of people. A family of four ought to be able to get two dinners out of it. In addition to the thick coating of mozzarella cheese on top, the meatloaf recipe contains Parmesan cheese. The meatloaf is cooked in a thick sauce that covers the top of the meatloaf. It helps to keep it wet.
To add a little spice, chopped red pepper flakes are mixed into the meatloaf. If you want additional heat, twice the amount. However, doubling it may be too much.
TO MAKE MY VERSION OF ITALIAN MEATLOAF, YOU’LL NEED:
– Ground meat, I used 500 Grams.
– 250 grams.Of Italian sausage.
– 120 grams.Of Italian breadcrumbs.
– One medium-sized onion, I chopped into fine pieces.
– One medium-sized red pepper.
– A minced garlic clove.
– An egg, I beat it well.
– 8-ounces.of shredded mozzarella.
– 1 Cup.Of marinara sauce.
– ½ Cup.Of parmesan cheese.
– One large spoonful.Of milk.
• AND TO SEASON, I USED:
– A small spoon.Of extra-virgin olive oil.
– A small spoon.Of Worcestershire sauce.
– A small spoon.Of fresh basil.
– A small spoon.Of fresh parsley.
– A half spoon.Of mixed spices.
• FOR GARNISH:
– You need to reserve a ¾ Cup.Of shredded mozzarella cheese.
– An additional ¾ Cup.Of marinara sauce.
LET’S MAKE IT TOGETHER FROM SCRATCH:
– Step 1: Initially, you’ll heat the olive oil in a small frying pan over medium heat.
– Step 2: Sauté the chopped onions and peppers for approximately 4 minutes on high heat, then remove from fire.
– Step 3: And now, just combine the ground meat with Italian sausage, cooked onions, and pepper in a large bowl with the other ingredients, reserving 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese for decoration.
– Step 4: Then, go in there with the greatest techniques God has given you and gather everything as thoroughly as you can.
– Step 5: Once everything is combined, transfer the mixture to a baking dish of your choosing, and spread a cup of marinara sauce on top.
– Step 6: At this point, you need to pop it in a 400-degrees oven for approximately 60 minutes.
– Step 7: After that, remove it from the oven and top it with the remaining cheese, and a sprinkling more fresh basil, and return to the oven for a further ten minutes.
– Step 8: Before serving, check to ensure the beef is no longer pink, since the baking time may vary according to the thickness of the bread. Mine was around two inches thick.
When it’s cold outside, this meatloaf is the ideal warm and full supper, plus it’s a nostalgic twist on a traditional favorite. Meatloaf is one of my children’s favorite dinners, whether it’s on a Sunday or a weekday. Our family enjoys this Italian-style meatloaf on a daily basis. It takes just 10 minutes to assemble and is suitable for every day of the week.