Nothing can be wrong with the Cheesy, garlicky breadsticks. It is soft, doughy, and full of the umami flavor of cheeses, and that hint of garlic just makes you feel so warm. Indeed, it is a delicious side dish and a snack.
Seriously the warm cheesy garlic breadstick straight from the oven is so delicious. This article is all about the easiest cheesy garlic breadsticks recipe so that you can enjoy it any time of the year. It is so easy to make them at home, and you can always store them for eating any time of the day or week. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ + 2 tbsp cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Dry Instant Yeast
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter cubed and at room temperature
- ½ tbsp granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Lukewarm Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- Lukewarm water as required
- Cornmeal for dusting
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter. softened at room temperature
- 1 tsp Italian Herb seasoning
- 1 1/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A handful of fresh parsley chopped
- Mix the lukewarm milk with yeast, 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour, and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. If the yeast has bloomed, the surface will become foamy and bubbly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and the cubed butter. With the help of a fork or hand, mix the butter into the flour until the mixture become crumbly or sand-like in texture.
- Season the flour mixture with salt and mix well.
- Now add the milk mixture into the flour and knead it.
- Gradually add water to the dough while kneading.
- Place it in a clean, deep bowl once the dough is well kneaded.
- Drizzle the dough with olive oil and cover it entirely with it.
- Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let it rest for an hour or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, mix garlic, butter, Italian herb seasoning, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Prepare a baking sheet pan by dusting it with cornmeal.
- Now take the bloomed dough out on the clean surface dusted with flour.
- Knead it for 5 to 8 minutes until smooth.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle about 1-inch thick.
- Gently place it into the prepared baking sheet pan and spread it out gently while pressing with your fingers.
- Cover the dough in the pan with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 400-degree F.
- After 20 minutes, bake the dough for 15 minutes.
- Take it out, brush on the garlic butter, and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese over it.
- Crank up the heat to 450-degrees F. Bake the cheesy garlic for 8 to 10 until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Take the cheesy bread out of the oven, cut it into sticks.
- Sprinkle the fresh parsley over the top and serve hot.