MEXICAN CASSEROLE RECIPE
This Mexican casserole recipe features the best toppings of cheese, ground beef, and tortillas.
This dish is great for dinner any night of the week full of flavor.
- 470g drained extra lean ground beef.
- 1 can “BLACK.BEANS” rinsed, and drained.
- 1/4 Cup of “canned jalapeno slices” chopped.
- 1/2 cup onion chopped.
- 1 medium tomato, diced (can use canned tomatoes).
- 1 PKG taco seasoning mix.
- 1 can kernel corn drained.
- 8 tortillas.
- 1/3 Cup “Mexican cheese blend” shredded.
- 3/4 Cup sour cream”non-fat”.
- fresh cilantro chopped.
- Roast the ground beef and onion in a large skillet for 10 to 15 minutes or until fully cooked through, stirring constantly.
- Drain well and rinse to remove all fat with hot water and return the mixture to the pan.
- I stir in the black beans, tomatoes, corn, taco seasoning, and jalapenos and mix all of these ingredients well with a wooden fork.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, I spray nonstick cooking spray into 1/4 of a baking dish. I cut each tortilla in half, and placed 8 pieces, slightly overlapping, on the bottom of a sprinkled baking dish.
- Pour half of the meat mixture evenly over the tortillas. I spread the sour cream over the beef mixture, scattering it uniformly. Cover with the remaining 8 tortilla halves and the remaining beef mixture.
- I preheated the oven to 350 degrees F and baked it for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese, and leave covered for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with a green salad.
- Try this casserole, it deserves a quick try!! It is very delicious!