This bacon and onion fried cabbage recipe is salty, sweet, buttery, hearty, and delicious!
This is hands down my favorite cabbage and bacon recipe, super simple, easy, and delicious in one pan, one of the most delicious dishes you can make to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
If you love cabbage and bacon, This recipe is one you’ll be wanting to eat over and over again.
Slightly sweet, slightly salty, rich in butter, and full of crispy bacon: this bacon fried cabbage is certain to be your next absolute favorite easy dish!
- 4 strips of bacon thick-cut, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 6 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 head of cabbage diced
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Cut bacon into thick pieces, fry until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until melted and foamy.
- Add the chopped onions to the skillet; cook until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes. Stir to prevent sticking or burning.
- Add garlic to skillet, cook until fragrant and soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage to the skillet and toss well to coat with butter.
- Season generously with salt.
- Allow cabbage to reduce by half, about 10 minutes, occasionally stirring as it cooks to prevent burning and allow it to cook evenly. Add the bacon to the pan.
- When the cabbage has lost much of its bulk and begins to turn shiny, slightly translucent, and has lovely golden brown bits, it is ready to serve.
- Serve immediately.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days, three months in the freezer.